With a little over two weeks till Valentine’s Day, I thought it’s about time I did a fashion post. My main aim is to provide you with outfit ideas to help you look glam on that special date. My focus for the looks I’ve put together is mainly for the petite frame, but everyone else can refer to them for inspiration as well. 🙂
I’ve worked the looks around three themes – Casual date look, Party date look and Formal date look to give you more options. I have also provided alternative options within each look to give you more choice; so, you can mix-n-match within a theme to work around your individual style.
All items of clothing have been selected from the retailers’ Petite range.
The Casual Date Look
The casual look would be best for coffee dates, lunch dates and the likes. The aim for this look is to come off as stylish and at the same time look comfortable and at ease. I’ve paired black skinny jeans with a coral chiffon color block top and/or a simple yet chic cream lattice cutout top, teamed with a collarless panel jacket to spruce up the outfit.
For footwear, I’ve chosen two styles in black to sync with the black skinnies to create an illusion of length. You can mix-n-match either of the pairs to suit your style and comfort.
For the jewellery, I’ve selected statement pieces which are decently sized to suit the petite frame. There are three options to choose from, so get creative. The black tribal ring will go with any combination, so you could either choose to wear it or leave it out, it’s entirely up to you.
For the handbag, I’ve chosen a simple yet stylish quilted shoulder bag that will go with either of the looks.
For the lips and nails, I’ve chosen two shades of coral, one light and one dark to go with the outfits. I personally feel that the darker shade of coral will best suit the outfit with the cream lattice top as it will add a pop of color and vibrant touch to this monochromatic look.
Source the items here:
- The Collection Petite Debenhams_Petite coral chiffon color block top
- Principles Petite by Ben de Lisi _Cream Lattice Cutout design
- Topshop_Petite Collarless Panel Jacket
- New Look_Petite – Black Supersoft Skinny Jeans
- Faith_Cornwall T-bar Heeled Shoes
- Reiss_Arya Heels
- Topshop_Quilted Shoulder Bag
- New Look_Black Flat Pebble Necklace
- New Look_Black Tribal Tusk Tassle Necklace
- New Look_Gold and Black Tribal Stone Ring
- New Look_Gold Aztec Cutout Triangle Necklace
- Topshop_Nails in New Wave
- Essie in Tart Deco
- Topshop_Lips in Ditsy
- Topshop_Lips in Ohh La La
The Party Date Look
The party look would be best suited for a dinner date and/or night about town, fancy clubs and the likes. The aim for this look is to come off dressy yet elegant and at the same time flirty and sexy. With this in mind, I decided on this gorgeous skater dress with an embellished collar and waist, which I’ve teamed with gold leather peep-toe platforms/sandals.
I’ve accessorised this dress with a cute yet chic gold leather envelope clutch and I’ve kept the jewellery simple and minimal and gone for a delicate gold tone bow bracelet.
For the nails I’ve decided on golden hues to blend in with the dress so that the overall effect is not too clashy and over-the-top (OTT); and for the lips I’ve chosen darker shades in the nudes family to work with the warm tones of the outfit.
Source the items here:
- ASOS PETITE _Exclusive Skater Dress With Embellished Collar And Waist
- Marta Jonsson _Limited edition gold leather sandal
- Noble Macmillan _Leather Envelope Clutch
- River Island_Gold tone repeat bow bracelet
- L’Oreal Paris_GlamShine Stain Splash
- Nars_Bilbao Satin Lipstick
- Trish McEvoy_Lip Colour in Barely Nude
- Nails Inc_Lanesborough Place Polish
- Topshop_Nails In Solar
- NARS_Shimmer Nail Polish in Orgasm
The Formal Date Look
The formal look would best suit dinner dates in lush restaurants, or romantic candle-lit dinners. The aim for this look is to come off as sophisticated, yet incredibly classy and stylish. For the shoes I decided to go for three choices, which will actually set the tone for the outfit. Depending on your preference, you could choose to accessorise this dress with either the nude, berry or metallic shoes and bags.
I’ve kept the jewellery simple, with a pretty gold smoky quartz bangle to go with the nude or berry themes and for the metallic theme, I’ve chosen a crystal diamante bracelet and a crystal spike pendant necklace. You could choose to wear either/or or both.
And, for nails and lips, you can choose between the nudes or berry to go with the color theme you’ve decided on.
Source the items here:
- ASOS PETITE Exclusive Dress With Gathered Side And V Back
- ASOS_PHANTOM Pointed High Heels
- Reiss_RAE Strap Heels
- Dune_Contrasting T-Bar Court Shoe
- Aldo_Gallington Clutch Bag
- Dareen Hakim_Le Capri- Carmine
- Very.co.uk_Ivy Matt Glitter Envelope Clutch
- Dinny Hall_Gold Vermeil Smoky Quartz Jaipur Bangle
- Jon Richard_Pave Crystal Spike Pendant Necklace made with SWAROVSKI ELEMENTS
- New look_Crystal Diamante Cross Over Bracelet
- Michael Kors Nail Lacquer_ Sporty 1 – Hint
- Essie_Ballet Slippers
- Essie_Skirting the Issue
- Laura Mercier_Creme Smooth Lip Colour in Pink Blush
- Hourglass_Femme Rouge Velvet Crème Lipstick in Nocturnal
- bareMinerals_Marvellous Moxie Lipgloss in Stunner
So there it is, my Valentine’s day date looks to inspire you. I hope you like them. If you’ve got ideas and suggestions for more outfit ideas, please feel free to share them in the comment box. I’d love to be inspired too! 🙂
And, if you’ve used any of the above looks or worked with the outfit ideas in the post, it would please me immensely to know that I could be of assistance. So, don’t forget to share your photos here; it would be great to see you all dolled-up!
Note: All information/links provided were correct at the time of publishing.